The students of Early Stage participate in classes and topical workshops related to the main focus of an international project for a given year. They study rich additional resources and get a solid command of new vocabulary. They prepare numerous original art and linguistic works. They learn English songs composed especially for that purpose and arranged by the three-time winner of the Fryderyk Music Awards – Michał Tokaj, with lyrics written by Joanna Zarańska and performed by Aga Zaryan and Sean Palmer.
The outcome of such vocal and artistic cooperation is a record with songs presented to the children in October with an accompanying booklet. It is an integral part of the course, and, at the same time, an investment in actual help for those in need. The profit is donated to charities selected in partnership with respected foundations and organisations.
The culminating point of our year-long work on the international project is the release of a record, produced in a professional studio and sung by several hundred students of Early Stage from all over Poland. It is an amazing gift at the end of the school year and a great resource for summer holiday vocabulary revision ;)
For over ten years we have managed to do many good things.
Just a few facts we can pride ourselves on: • We supported the water-sanitary program of Polish Humanitarian Action which resulted in building a well and improving the living conditions of over 500 Somalian families.
• We donated financial resources to humanitarian action for war-torn Syria.
• We supported street children in India as well as children from the poor, rural regions of Bolivia.
• We co-subsidised a Hospice in Ursynów, a Senior Nursing Home in Zielonka and the St Philip’s Primary School in Nairobi. • We cooperated with the Szkoła na Widelcu Foundation (School on a Fork/School on a Plate Foundation) in organising a healthy cookery workshop • We collected PLN 82,000 to rescue Malayan tigers and for the modernisation of an animal shelter in Korabiewice.
• We organised a campaign for cleaning-up after pets in public spaces together with Warsaw City Hall.
Above all else:
• We involved children from other countries in making our projects come to life.
• We established regular patronage cooperation with popular foundations: PAH (Polish Humanitarian Action),WWF, VIVA! Akcja dla zwierząt (VIVA! Campaign for animals)
• We made our students aware of the problems faced by people from poorer parts of the world
And what is most important – we became better people :)